On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 8:00 pm dinner reservations, 7 minute miles, a six pack of brewskis, fifth of vodka, Four Season’s Getaway, 3 purple shadows, a pair of cozy Uggs, and some snow for me to ski!
Going out to dinner is one of my favorite things to do. Gathering around a table with great company and great food warms my heart. The ritual of getting dressed up, meeting friends, having some cocktails, and sitting for hours is a wonderful way to spend time with people. A table of 8 or a table of 2, I’ll take either one 😉 . Living in Virginia Beach I am fortunate enough to have lots of great restaurant choices. In the summer it’s great to bike and meet friends for a casual dinner and drinks. In the winter several restaurants light the fire places and the locals cozy on up.
Here are a few of my favorite local VB oceanfront spots, in no particular order.
1. Big Sam’s – great casual dinning, mostly locals, weekly specials, over looking Rudee Inlet, central fireplace, perfect for sitting for hours or catching a quick bite
2. Tautogs – I’ve eaten here in jeans and also in a cocktail dress, warm fireplace, the old beach cottage has a fantastic beer and cocktail selection, always order one of the specials, you won’t be disappointed, great for birthdays
3. Pacifica– tapas menu, endless cocktail menu (my favorite drink is the Tony Sinclair), cozy fireplace, great for a date spot or girls night out
4. Il Giardino’s – great Italian food, great atmosphere, great wine
5. Baja Cantina – Best fish tacos I’ve ever had, great bartenders, order the dip trio with queso-guac-salsa, perfect for throwing on a hoodie and Uggs and relaxing in a booth
6. 501 – best dirty martini in town, best weekday happy hour, can show up right after work for a bite on the way home, always a good crowd, fireplace and live music!
I hope you enjoy these places as much as I do. Maybe I’ll meet ya there sometime!
Here are pics from some great VB spots!